Sunday School Activities about Moses
Find relevant, scriptural children's bulletins
Children's Worship Bulletins have been designed to include positive and relevant biblical messages to teach basic Scripture knowledge that is appropriate for all Christian denominations. The content included in each bulletin is clear and completely faithful to the Scriptures.
Each bulletin is both reviewed by an educational specialist and used in the classroom. By using Children's Worship Bulletins, you can rest assured that you are teaching your children relevant, Scripture knowledge.
In this short article, we show you how to use Children's Worship Bulletins to create fun and engaging Sunday school activities about Moses for children ages 3-12.
Sunday school activity about Moses for ages 3-6:
Moses was tending the flocks in the desert
- Print a bulletin for each child
- Gather enough crayons or colored pencils for everyone
- Gather nine cotton balls for each child
- Gather a glue stick for each child
- Give each child a bulletin, crayons or colored pencils, nine cotton balls and a glue stick.
- Explain the activity, "Today, we're going to hear a story about Moses and the burning bush. While I read our Bible story, solve and color your puzzle 'Moses was tending the flocks in the desert.' Glue one cotton ball onto each sheep in your picture to make wooly sheep."
- Read aloud Exodus 3:1-15 while the children work on their puzzles and craft.
- Allow the children to display their finished pictures to their classmates.
Sunday school activity about Moses for ages 7-12:
What did God then say to Moses?
- Print a bulletin for each child
- Gather enough pencils for everyone
- Gather a blank sheet of paper for each child
- Have a white board with dry erase markers or a blackboard and chalk
- Give each child a bulletin, pencil and a piece of paper.
- Explain the activity, "Today, we're going to hear what God said to Moses, and we're going to talk about genealogy. First, let's read today's story."
- Read aloud or have the children read aloud Exodus 3:1-15.
- After reading the story, ask the children if they know what "genealogy" is (i.e., the research, study or documentation of a family's descendants). Explain that, in this story, God used genealogy to explain to Moses who He was.
- Have the children complete the puzzle "What did God then say to Moses?"
- Ask the children, "If God wanted to use genealogy to explain to you who He was, who would He include?"
- On the white/blackboard, show the children how to draw a simple family tree, by using the genealogy from the puzzle: Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. See if the children can remember the names of any of these men's wives or other children (e.g., Abraham's wives were Sarah, Hagar and Keturah, and his children were Isaac, Ishmael, Zimran, Jokshan, Medan, Midian, Ishbak and Shuah; Isaac's wife was Rebekah, and his children were Jacob and Esau; Jacob's wives were Leah, Rachel, Zilpah and Bilhah, and his children were Gad, Ashe, Dinah, Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Ishachar, Zebulon, Joseph, Benjamin, Dan and Nepthali).
- Explain the activity, "At the top of your blank paper, write 'I am the God of your father, the God of _________, the God of _________ and the God of _________.' Then, draw a family tree, as we've done, with names from your family. Finally, fill in the blanks at the top of the page with your father's, grandfather's and great-grandfather's names. When you get home today, ask your parents to help you fill in the rest of your tree with your mother's, grandmother's and great-grandmother's names and with the names of your siblings, cousins, aunts and uncles. See how many names you can add to your tree.
- Allow the children to create their family trees.
Guaranteed, Risk-Free Trial
Put Children's Worship Bulletins to the test by signing up for our 30-day, no obligation risk-free trial period, and see for yourself! That's right, for one month you can download and print bulletins to share with your children.
At the end of the month, you can either cancel and owe nothing or send in your low payment of $12.95 per age group to continue enjoying all our bulletins! You have NOTHING to lose!
Begin a membership to both age groups of Children's Worship Bulletins today and SAVE UP TO 50% on the second age group for the first year of membership. IMMEDIATELY begin engaging your children in worship. They'll thank you!
Start your Risk-Free trial and download the perfect bulletin TODAY.