Sunday School Activities about Elijah
Find Sunday school activities rooted in Scripture
Children's Worship Bulletins are based on familiar Bible stories and Scripture passages. You'll find bulletins in our library for each of the significant themes and verses found in the Old Testament, the Gospels and the Epistles. Our Children's Worship Bulletins are educationally sound because each is reviewed by an educational professional. The teaching is clear, simple and faithful to the Scriptures.
Create engaging Sunday school activities
Each bulletin on the Children's Worship Bulletins website is jam-packed with 4 panels of games, puzzles, word searches, seek-and-finds, dot-to-dots and more activities that children love. Use them to create interactive and thought-provoking activities for your Sunday school class. To get you started, we've included two examples of Sunday school activities about Elijah in this short article. See how easy it is to create engaging Sunday school activities by using Children's Worship Bulletins!
Sunday school activity about Elijah for ages 3-6: Elijah was seen no more ... Elijah and Elisha were both ...
- Print a bulletin for each child
- Have enough scissors for everyone
- Give everyone a bulletin and a pair of scissors.
- Tell the class, "We're going to find out what Elijah and Elisha were by putting the letter puzzle pieces together. Carefully cut out the eight letter puzzle pieces from the top part of the bulletin page. Once you have the letter pieces cut out, assemble the puzzle to spell the word that describes what Elijah and Elisha were."
- After the children have put together their puzzles, read aloud 2 Kings 2:1-12 to confirm what both Elijah and Elisha were.
Sunday school activity about Elijah for ages 7-12: The underlined story words are incorrect ...
- Print a bulletin for each child
- Have enough blank paper for everyone
- Provide colored pencils or markers for everyone
- Give each child a bulletin, a piece of blank paper and colored pencils or markers.
- Together as a class, solve "The underlined story words are incorrect ... " puzzle by replacing the underlined words with the correct rhyming words from the list at the top of the page.
- Compare the puzzle's answer to the Bible verses in 1 Kings 17:1-24. Ask the children, "Our story tells us that God gave Elijah very specific locations and directions from his home to the wilderness, brook and town. What are they?" Some of the answers might include Gilead, east, Cherith Brook facing the Jordan River and Zarephath near Sidon.
- Explain the activity to the class, "Use the locations and directions God provided in 1 Kings 17:1-24 to create a map of Elijah's activities in this story. Using the colored pencils or markers, draw a map on your piece of paper. Be sure to include all of the locations from our story."
- When done, allow the children to display their maps for everyone to see.
Guaranteed, Risk-Free Trial
Put Children's Worship Bulletins to the test by signing up for our 30-day, risk-free trial period, and see for yourself! That's right, for one month you can download and print bulletins to share with your children.
At the end of the month, you can either cancel and owe nothing or send in your low payment of $4.99 per age group to continue enjoying all our bulletins! You have NOTHING to lose!
Begin a membership to both age groups of Children's Worship Bulletins today and SAVE UP TO 50% on the second age group. IMMEDIATELY begin engaging your children in worship. They'll thank you!
Start your Risk-Free trial and download the perfect bulletin TODAY.