Children's Church Bulletins about New Year's Day
New special day bulletin series includes bulletins for New Year's Day
The extensive library of Children's Worship Bulletins now includes bulletins for most church special days and holidays, including children's church bulletins about New Year's Day.
Use them to show children how these holidays and special days are intricately linked to and woven throughout Scripture.
Biblically sound lessons teach Scripture, not doctrine
Each Children's Worship Bulletin has four panels of word searches, dot-to-dots, crosswords, seek-and-finds and many other engaging puzzles tied directly to Scripture. While children enjoy solving puzzles and coloring pictures of familiar Bible stories, they're learning about God's promises to each and every one of them.
In this short article, we show you how to create activities based on puzzles from our children's church bulletins about New Year's Day to help your children understand God's promise of a new heaven and earth.
Children's church bulletin about New Year's Day for ages 3-6:
The old order of things will pass away
- Print a bulletin for each child
- Gather enough crayons or colored pencils for everyone
- Give each child a bulletin and crayons or colored pencils.
- Explain the activity, "Today, we're going to learn about what will happen when God returns to rule the Earth to dwell among us. I will read our Scripture lesson while you solve and then color the pictures in the puzzle 'The old order of things will pass away.'"
- Read aloud Revelation 21:1-6.
- After the children have solved and colored their puzzles, engage them in a discussion about what each picture shows. For example, explain that when God returns, the Bible tells us that there will be no more tears. The boy shown crying in the bottom left column will be happy, as he is shown at the top of the right column.
- Ask the children to identify which picture of each matching pair shows how things are now and which show how things will be when God returns. Have them cross out with a big black "X" the pictures showing how things are now, and circle with a big green "O" the pictures showing how things will be when God returns.
Children's church bulletin about New Year's Day for ages 7-12:
Who or what has always been, is now, and will always be?
- Print a bulletin for each child
- Gather enough pencils for everyone
- Prepare a booklet for each child by folding both a blank sheet of paper and a piece of colored cardstock in half. Insert the blank paper into the cardstock and staple the booklet together
- Have a white board with dry erase markers or a blackboard and chalk
- Give everyone a bulletin and a pencil and have them complete the puzzle "Who or what has always been, is now, and will always be?" while you read aloud the Scripture lesson Revelation 21:1-6.
- Explain the activity, "In today's reading, we learned that God told John that He is the Beginning and the End and the Alpha and the Omega. We're going to make a book to record the names of God as we learn them throughout the New Year."
- Write "The Names of God" at the top of the board. Then write "Beginning," "End," "Alpha" and "Omega" on the board.
- Next ask, "Does anyone know what 'Alpha' and 'Omega' are?" Accept an answer such as "they are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet." If no one has the correct answer, continue, "'Alpha' and 'Omega' are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet — like 'A' and 'Z' are in our alphabet. They are written like this." Write 'Α' and 'Ω' onto the board under "Alpha" and "Omega," respectively.
- Distribute the blank booklets to everyone.
- Continue, "Onto the cover of your booklet, write 'The Names of God.' Onto the first page of your booklet, write 'Beginning,' 'Alpha' and 'Α.' Onto an inside page, write 'God.' Onto the last page of your booklet, write 'Ending,' 'Omega' and 'Ω.'"
- Continue, "Keep your booklet with your Bible or Sunday school lessons. Every time we learn about a name of God, record it in your booklet. At the end of the year, let's see how many names of God we've learned."
Guaranteed, Risk-Free Trial
Put Children's Worship Bulletins to the test by signing up for our 30-day, no obligation risk-free trial period, and see for yourself! That's right, for one month you can download and print bulletins to share with your children.
At the end of the month, you can either cancel and owe nothing or send in your low payment of $12.95 per age group to continue enjoying all our bulletins! You have NOTHING to lose!
Begin a membership to both age groups of Children's Worship Bulletins today and SAVE UP TO 50% on the second age group for the first year of membership. IMMEDIATELY begin engaging your children in worship. They'll thank you!
Start your Risk-Free trial and download the perfect bulletin TODAY.