Children's Church Bulletins about Advent
Children's church bulletins about Advent can be used to tie into an entire Christmas lesson plan
At Children's Worship Bulletins, we know how important it is to ensure that each lesson also tells the bigger story of the Gospel. Our bulletins are designed to be educationally sound and biblically based — but more than that, they're written so that they can be used to tie together an entire lesson plan. Our children's church bulletins about Advent tie into our other bulletins about Christmas Eve and Christmas.
Use Children's Worship Bulletins to build excitement
Because our bulletins tie together to tell the entire Gospel story, Children's Worship Bulletins make it easy to build anticipation for Christmas. In this short article, we will show you how to use two of our children's church bulletins about Advent to create fun and hands-on activities for the children of your church.
These ideas are perfect for Sunday school or any other event for which you want to use lessons about Advent to prepare children for the wonder of Christmas.
Children's church bulletin about Advent for ages 3-6: He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Everlasting Father
- Print a bulletin for everyone
- Gather enough pencils, crayons or colored pencils, scissors and glue sticks for everyone
- Print a crown handout for everyone
- The crown can be made using construction paper or like material.
- Create an example crown
- Give everyone a bulletin and pencil and have them complete the puzzle "He will be called ..."
- After everyone has completed the puzzle, have a helper distribute a glue stick, scissors and a crown handout to everyone.
- Explain the activity, "Today, we're going to make a crown ornament for Baby Jesus, that includes some of His many names. While I read today's lesson, please decorate your crowns. Be sure to trace Jesus' names 'Wonderful Counselor, Everlasting Father and Prince of Peace' onto His crown. When you have finished decorating your crown, cut it out and glue the ends together. You can hang Jesus' crown on your Christmas tree at home."
- Read aloud Isaiah 9:2-7 while the children work on their project.
Children's church bulletin about Advent for ages 7-12: What else did Paul say?
- Print a bulletin for everyone
- Gather enough pencils for everyone
- Have a white board with dry erase markers or a blackboard and chalk with an eraser
- Give everyone a bulletin and pencil and have them complete the puzzle "What else did Paul say?"
- After everyone has finished the puzzle, ask for a volunteer to read the answer. Write the answer on the board and include the reference "Romans 8:38-39".
- Explain the activity, "What Paul tells us about the endurance of God's love for us is extremely important — so important, in fact, that we're going to spend some time memorizing this verse."
- Continue, "First, let's read aloud the verse and reference together." (Lead the class in the recitation of the verse and reference.)
- Continue, "Now I'm going to erase a letter, a word or a phrase. We'll say the verse and reference again, but you'll have to remember what I've erased to be able to recite it."
- Erase a couple of letters from the verse and/or reference. Lead the class in reciting the verse and reference again.
- Continue erasing letters, words or phrases from the verse and reference, each time leading the class in reciting the complete Scripture, including the erased parts, until the entire verse and reference have been erased.
- Ask for a volunteer to write the verse and reference on the board from memory. Allow the class to help the volunteer, if necessary.
- Have the class recite the Scripture again, reading it from the board and then erasing it.
- Continue having volunteers write the verse and reference on the board from memory until everyone who wants to has had the opportunity.
- Finish, "Congratulations! Not only did you memorize a very important verse and reference, but you also learned a new way to memorize Scripture. When you want to memorize a verse and its reference, simply write it down. Erase a letter, word or phrase, and recite the entire verse and reference aloud. Erase more, reciting the entire Scripture each time until you've erased it entirely. Write it again, from memory, and recite it again. Before you know it, you will be memorizing all kinds of Scripture!"
Guaranteed, Risk-Free Trial
Put Children's Worship Bulletins to the test by signing up for our 30-day, no obligation risk-free trial period, and see for yourself! That's right, for one month you can download and print bulletins to share with your children.
At the end of the month, you can either cancel and owe nothing or send in your low payment of $12.95 per age group to continue enjoying all our bulletins! You have NOTHING to lose!
Begin a membership to both age groups of Children's Worship Bulletins today and SAVE UP TO 50% on the second age group for the first year of membership. IMMEDIATELY begin engaging your children in worship. They'll thank you!
Start your Risk-Free trial and download the perfect bulletin TODAY.